The news: Numerous sources have suggested that Apple will have a busy second half of the year, with only a handful of hardware releases happening in early to mid 2020.
Here’s everything we’re expecting to drop within the next five months:
- 2 new iPhone 12 models (5.4/6.1-inch): iPad Pro-like design, OLED, 5G, A14 chip, dual cameras
- 2 new iPhone 12 Pro models (6.1/6.7-inch): iPad Pro-like design, OLED 120Hz display, 5G, A14 chip, new blue colorway, triple cameras, LiDAR sensor
- Apple Watch Series 6: Faster Wi-Fi and cellular, better ECG and blood-oxygen monitoring
- 10.8-inch iPad Air: possibly featuring an all-screen design and in-display Touch ID
- Apple TV 6: similar design to the existing Apple TV but shipping with a new remote
- AirTag: a small, puck-shaped accessory to track your stuff (see Tile)
- HomePod mini: a smaller, likely portable version of the existing HomePod
- AirPods Studio: over-ear headphones sharing the AirPods name with great sound quality
- AirPower wireless charging mat (maybe)
- First new Mac with Apple Silicon: likely a new MacBook Pro model
Our take: Rumor has it that the new iMac is dropping sometime in August…perhaps Apple drops a few other products alongside it? Seems hard to fit this much stuff into one or even two events later this year.