Watch the hands-on video here: https://youtu.be/pdSs2DMwWyE
The exclusive: The new iPhones coming out later this year will all feature a radical new design that is starkly different from the iPhone 11 series.
- As previously rumored, the design looks similar to iPad Pro with stainless steel (Pro models) or aluminum (non-Pro models) wrapped around the edges
- There are 3 sizes but 4 models to choose from this year:
- 12: 5.4-inch and 6.1-inch
- 12 Pro: 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch
- For the first time since the iPhone 5s, the phones can stand up on their own
- The camera module on all models is incomplete and exists as a placeholder
Our take: These are the best looking iPhone models ever, and they genuinely feel like something new for the first time in years. We haven’t seen a significant design upgrade since we went from iPhone 5s to iPhone 6, and this year a shift is happening again. Sitting in your hand, the squared design feels just as a right to me as the more curvy iPhones released most recently. You’re going to love these.